Those with the spiritual gift of evangelism are marked by a compulsion to share the good news to a lost and dying people. The reality of people being lost is a greater burden than any fear of rejection from those who hear the message of salvation. If this describes you, there are ways you can exercise your gift at Petaluma Valley Baptist Church.
- Follow up with visitors to our church.
- Invite people to church.
- Start a seeker's small group Bible study, focused on Jesus, or on a topic in the news that will get people interested in what the Bible has to say about it.
- Learn to use a prompt such as an evangelism cube or tract to share the gospel message in an interesting way.
- Organize or join an outreach event with others, whether it be a booth offering free prayer, or an event at Sonoma State University in conjunction with Ryan White with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.
- Organize a plan to intentionally reach out to a people group in the name of Christ.
- Request a Coach who can recommend reading material, preparation activities, and give you advice.
- The Evangelism and Missions Committee would love to hear your ideas for new outreach ministries. Please submit your ideas on a volunteer form, and you will be added to the next meeting agenda so you can share your ideas and possibly get the backing or resources you need to help it be successful.