“Show respect to the aged; honor the presence of an elder; fear your God. I am God.” (Leviticus 19:32)
Many new life challenges face people as they go through their senior years. Ailing health, more time alone, and grief at the passing of a loved one are just a few of the ways your life may be changing. Our senior adults meet to encourage one another to face these new challenges, with Jesus and the church body by their side.
We at Petaluma Valley Baptist Church desire to be deliberate about making our senior members feel loved and valued. Making visits to home or hospital-bound folks, arranging and providing transportation to and from church and life events, lunches at local restaurants and at PVBC, providing small home handyman services, preparing and delivering meals, Bible study groups, movie afternoons, and attending cultural events are some of the ways we try to bless our seniors.
- Getaway Lunches: On the 4th Wednesday of the month we organize a trip to a local restaurant to enjoy some of Petaluma’s finest cuisine at a discount.
- Homestyle Lunches: On the 2nd Wednesday of the month we serve a homemade meal here in the church's Fellowship Hall at no charge. A planned activity like a table game or singing follows the meal.
- Cultural Events: Having many wonderful venues nearby, like Sonoma State University’s Green Music Center and the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts, gives us opportunities to attend events like Handel’s “Messiah” and “Vienna Boys Choir.”
- Movie Afternoons: We meet at the Boulevard Cinemas in downtown Petaluma to enjoy a matinee movie together.
- "Heart to Heart" Bible Study Group: Every Thursday at 9:00 am, senior women meet in the church's Fellowship Hall for a time to study God’s word and fellowship together. .
- Small Group: Sunday afternoons are spent enjoying each other’s company and digging deeper into the scriptures.
We would love for you to be a part of this vibrant ministry!